Thursday 9 July 2015

Music good for the soul


Music... It may seem so significant at times but it plays such a huge part of our day to day lives. 

It can change a mood bring on sadness, happiness, a feel good moment. We do not realise the influence music has on us. A good song and a Friday and suddenly the mood is up! having recently moved to the United Kingdom I now spend a great deal of time on trains and walking all over London for work. My only companion is my phone and  music I feel lost without my headphones in and some good music playing. The music invokes different thoughts and feelings while I am on my journey. With the long train rides and walks its a time out from the rush and work, a de-stressing moment. 

I wake up most days with a different song playing in my head where this comes from I have no idea. I find certain music or songs brings up particular emotions or memories. Jazz, my dad is in mind as we are both great lovers of some good smooth jazz. There are some songs that bring back memories of great parties or moments shared with friends, some that bring back memories of a loved one who has passed on. I think we can all relate to this and we all have our own special songs for our own particular reasons.

If there is one thing I have seen which I think we should all be grateful or is how music can unify people. A stadium full of people listening to their favorite band or artist all united in support brings people together no matter, race, age, gender whatever it may be. I have found I have more in common with people who have similar taste in music to me we can relate and have similar emotional connections to the music. 

Think about a life with no music? I cannot that would take a way half of my life, memories, stories, laughs, friends. I think if we all look back at our lives music has been a big part of it from a child listening to the songs in church, to the school choir, to dancing in the club, to playing in a band it has always been a part of our lives. 

My favorite era would be the 90's soulful music with good messages behind the words. It encouraged unity, love, freedom. The message the music has to portray was awesome. I feel a great deal of modern artists have lost this, music has some what lost its meaning and we have many one hit wonder songs that come and go quickly spreading a negative message. Technology has also moved so rapidly that genuine music is rare to find, artists can change so many variables in a sound booth. Older artists had their voice or their instrument raw talent that was it. 

I do feel some of the modern artists are going back to the roots of music, If you have never heard of David Foster research him now! one of the greatest men in the music industry. If you would like to go back to some of the roots of music listen to David Foster and Friends if you are not left amazed and feeling good after this you are not human. A rollacoaster of feelings and thoughts from a wide variety of great artists and bands.

At the end of the day music is in bred and a part of all of us keep listening, keep smiling, keep laughing, keep crying music can do that to you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment